Mastitis Pathogen DNA
New DNA technology provides the solution for the mastitis problem with HIGH ACCURACY and QUICK RESULTS.
API’s test locates the organism’s DNA. Our test requires only a small amount of pathogen DNA, dead or alive, for identification. Samples submitted for testing can be fresh, frozen or preserved. Even treated sample produces accurate results.
Most labs are currently using culture to identify mastitis “bugs” which relies on actually growing the organism. It has been shown that many samples don’t grow anything due to bug inactivation (due to antibiotics), too few organisms present, or perhaps because the bugs are already dead upon culturing. DNA technology is accurate and quick.
Pathogens identified through API’s mastitis test include:
- Streptococcus dysgalactiae
- Streptococcus uberis
- Escherichia coli
- Enterococcus spp. (including E. faecalis and E. faecium)
- Klebsiella spp. (including K. oxytoca and K. pneumoniae)
- Serratia marcescens
- Corynebacterium bovis
- Arcanobacter pyogenes and Peptoniphilus (Peptostreptococcus) indolicus
- Staphylococcal ß-lactamase gene (penicillin-resistance gene)
- Mycoplasma spp.
- Prototheca spp.
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Streptococcus agalactiae
- Mycoplasma bovis